Join our team
City and Little City Nursery is a part of Links Nurseries, which currently employs around 110 members of staff across its three nurseries in Edinburgh, Musselburgh, and Balmedie. We are very proud of our teams, who are enthusiastic, committed professionals striving to deliver the highest quality early years care and education to our children. We are always keen to hear from those who think they have what it takes to pursue a career with us, especially if you are:
- a qualified childcare professional, or currently undertaking childcare training or willing to undertake training;
- friendly, welcoming and able to relate to young children and their families;
- someone who works well in a team and understands the importance of supporting colleagues;
- flexible and open to new developments;
- above all, committed, enthusiastic, conscientious and hard working with a passion for childcare.
If you would like to enquire about possible vacancies at any of our nurseries, please use the contact details below to send us your CV, or if you would like more information, please call one of our managers for an informal chat about employment opportunities.
- City and Little City Nursery in Edinburgh – Cara Ross on 0131 446 0088, email email@example.com
- Links Nursery Musselburgh – Carol Smith on 0131 665 0008, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Links Nursery Balmedie – Andy Hawthorne on 01358 743094, email email@example.com.
What you can expect
Working for Links Nurseries has many benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- access to an employee pension scheme which we contribute funds to on your behalf as employer;
- contracts which are flexible. As well as full time 40 hour positions we have many part time positions which are built around employee family circumstances, as well as bank staff/supply roles;
- a comprehensive induction programme over the first few weeks and months of your employment supported by your line manager, as well as ongoing training and development opportunities;
- promotion opportunities. We aim to recruit internally for senior positions where possible. Our teams include positions such as Preschool Learning and Education Officer, Third-in Charge, Assistant or Trainee Deputy Manager, and Assistant or Trainee Room Supervisor, as well as the more traditional roles of Manager, Deputy Manager and Room Senior. We will also support you to gain additional qualifications where necessary to further your career.
- a very generous childcare package, should you have children of nursery age and wish them to attend one of our nurseries.
- access to the cycle to work scheme.
- access to a free employee telephone counselling service.
- all our nurseries close between Christmas and New Year.
City and Little City Nursery in Edinburgh is currently recruiting for part time lunch cover practitioners or assistants. Interested candidates should send a CV and short covering letter to Liz Salvin, Business Support Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.